Monday, July 11, 2011

It's been a month already?

Wow, so I am one lazy person. I have been here in Kenya and this is my first update. While I could try and blame this on the fact that I do not have internet,but there is an internet cafe in town. I'm just lazy.

So, obviously I made it to Kenya in one piece. After the long plane ride we arrived in Nairobi at around midnight. We stayed there for a couple of nights before going to Loitokitok, where are training is located. Loitokitok is at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro (obviously on the Kenya side). I have a couple of words that describe Loitokitok: pretty, hilly, dusty and very dusty. Still not sure if I have a tan line on my feet or it's from the dust. This stuff does not seem to wash off.

My host family is great, I have 6 siblings. My normal day consists of: chai, bread, language class, lunch, chai, technical class, chai, bread, dinner, chai.

I am going to try and be better at updating this, so I will try to come back a bit later. Chai time

No comments:

Post a Comment