Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A good Christmas

So went home for the holidays. Nothing really special to report. Had some good times with the family, ate alot and bummed around. But I got the a really good present, not a tangible one, but a good one nonetheless (please note: all the presents I got were awesome). As my mom was driving me to the airport I checked my e-mail on her phone. A change in my application status!! So I went and checked and I do not have any placement holds on my account. I can only assume I am really close to invitation! Whoop!

So you know what would be a great gift for New Years? An invitation.

Back to New York news. In case you have been hiding under a rock, it snowed here. A LOT. Which was a bit of a pain in my travel plans, but nothing I can really complain about. The one thing I want to complain about is the grocery store during snow storms. I will never understand it. Everyone rushes to stock up on food and such. Like they don't live 2 blocks away. I just wanted to buy some tortilla chips, but they are all sold out. Also, Chuck Taylors are not the best snow shoes.

Stay tuned, Cory will unveil her best of next blog (and will hopefully have a Peace Corps update. Yes, I am anxious)

No comments:

Post a Comment