So I just finished watching The Social Network and it got me thinking. The concept of being a billionaire is not something my brain can fathom. The first thing that I think of when I've read stuff about Mark Zukerberg is Scrooge McDuck. I picture Zukerberg spending his days swimming in gold coins. Now I know this is not true, but I think if I was to suddenly find myself in billions of dollars I would try my hardest to make this a reality. I want to swim in gold coins. Here are some other things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Burn money. Literally I would get a couple of dollars and set them on fire. Yes, I know that this is bad and that there are people who could use the $2 I would burn. But I would still do it.
2. Buy a new phone. My current one is scratched up, the back pops off if you look at it, parts are missing and it randomly turns off.
3. Eat at La Bernardin with Eric Ripert personally preparing and serving my food.
4. Fly first class
5. Own a home in: Maine, NYC, Santa Cruz, Seychelles and Peru
6. Hire a maid, but would probably be too embarrassed to have her clean so she would sit on the couch and watch tv while I clean, or more realistically talk about how I need to clean.
7. Buy a yarn shop
8. Buy a pair of converse in every color ever made
9. Tell someone "I could buy you."
10. Buy the following cars: VW Bug (though not the new ones.), 83 Volvo, Jeep Wrangler, a Vespa, and a delorean.
Sure I would do some of the practical and nice things (charity, paying off my parents mortgage, putting my parents in good nursing homes) but I would do these things for myself.
I also can't fathom being labeled "the youngest (insert title here)" I'm pretty much at that age where someone has, at sometime, already achieved it by my age. I wouldn't win for youngest person with Alzheimer's disease. The only thing I can shoot for would be youngest president and that will never happen.
Peace Corps stuff:
-Sent in my updated resume and aspiration statement.
-Sending my visa and passport stuff tomorrow
-Have started to organize what I am: throwing away, giving away and shipping.