Monday, April 25, 2011

It seems to be the popular thing to do

So it's only 42 days until I start this Peace Corps thing. It seems like a long time away, but it won't feel that way. I've only been in Arkansas for a month and it seems like about 2 weeks since I moved back in with my parents. I am having to start to come to terms with some of the changes that I will have to make. Yes, I've had to make some changes in terms of moving back home and moving away from NYC. (Do you realize that things in Arkansas close at 10? Do you know how much time I apparently spent online in NYC and how apparent that is when your parents do not have internet? Bagels. Dunkin' Donuts, Shipley's and Daytime Donuts do not know real bagels). Moving to Kenya will be a big change, so some things that I think I will miss:

-Cheese. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE cheese.
-A fan to sleep with. I'm trying to wean myself off of sleeping with a fan. This has been a habit of mine forever, I'm trying to figure out a way to fall asleep without it. I probably will not have the electricity to do this.
-sushi (though to be honest, I am already missing that. Landlocked states are not really known for their good seafood)
-Eating. Let me be specific, if I crave something I can easily hop in the car and go get it (with the already previously noted bagels not included).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At first I thought maybe you might have meant, like, a fan of hockey or maybe the theater...I was gonna suggest seeking a soccer fan in Kenya...then I caught on....

:-D

I wish I'd thought to include a fan on my list. But, on the plus side, we'll probably be so damn tired each night that white noise will be irrelevant.

Post a Comment