Thursday, May 19, 2011

17 Days to Go!

In just a little over two weeks I will be on a plane to Philly for a two night stay before leaving for Kenya. Two weeks is not a long time. I have so much left to do. Such as getting my parent's psycho cat, Louie, to like me, or at least not attack me every time I walk by him. I tried to sweeten him up with tuna last night. He just glared at me. I also have some stuff to pack. By some stuff I mean everything. I pretty much have most of my items that I want to bring so that is not a huge issue, it's just getting everything together and then freaking out that I am forgetting something.

I've been neglecting my kiSwahili the past couple of weeks, but have decided to brush up on some words that I think will help me. So I looked up snake today. Just in case I come face to face with one I can at least shout it's swahili name before it bites me. Tomorrow, I will learn "the lion is chasing me."

In the middle of reading "Bossypants" by Tina Fey. I am really going to miss 30 Rock.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Maybe also learn "where is the bathroom?" and you can mix it up with "the lion is chasing me to the bathroom," or "follow that lion to the bathroom!"

Just some suggestions.

Kortni said...

Where are you doing your KiSwahili studying?

Post a Comment