Monday, November 22, 2010

Totally invested

First some Peace Corps news, or rather no news. RAS made me do it. I e-mailed the nurse. She has apparently not gotten to my medical packet yet, due to other applicants. I just wanted to make sure they didn't forget about me.

Went and saw "127 Hours" this weekend (as well as Harry Potter. Which was awesome). I left that movie with a mix of emotions. First off, I LOVED it. The story, the cinematography and the acting was so great that you really feel like you are in the crevasse with Aron Ralston. I would recommend this for everyone to see, really go see it. The end is a bit unnerving to say the least (if you are not aware of Aron Ralston's story look it up), but also cathartic. Really, really good movie.

This has been an odd weekend. I have managed to run into not one, not two, but three exes (luckily all were in good terms)(how odd is this? I live in a city of 8 million people). I was stuck on a train with a guy that hit on me, and when he hit on me I lied to him about where I lived (he lives in my neighborhood, I,falsely, said I lived in Park Slope), this was awkward. We both recognized each other. Then while watching 127 Hours I recognized the producer as someone I have dated. This weekend has been a "This is Your life" marathon of most of the people I have dated here in NYC. I'm a little scared to exit my apartment at this moment to see what else God can throw at me. My luck the stalker I had in Arkansas will show up. I"m not taking any chances. My couch is way to comfortable and forgiving of my behaviors.

No comments:

Post a Comment